Me and Noel been at it before Twitter names / Yeah, been on the move like the lease is up / And I can’t even name one person that’s keepin’ up —Drake,” 0-100/The Catch Up”
We’re going all the way live today! We are trying something new this week and hope you will come along with us for this zero to a-little-better-than-halfway-there Mississippi Legislative session update. In lieu of our typical “Under the Dome” Monday update, we hope you will engage us live on Twitter to receive this week’s news.
I am so excited to have you all join me today, Monday, February 26, 2018, at 6 pm CST/7 pm EST on Twitter @luvblkgrls, where I’m taking over to host the first TweetUp. Of course, this will be focused what has been going on to date in the Mississippi Legislature.
If you’ve never a TweetUp (Twitter chat) before, I’ve outlined a little user guide for how to werk it, like Missy Elliot, and follow along.
Follow along @luvblkgrls and use hashtag #BlkGrlLeg
Typically, Twitter chats are hosted by businesses or leaders that are experts in their sector on a consistent basis. Neither the The Lighthouse nor I am calling ourselves leaders; we’ve just been paying attention. A hashtag is associated with the event so people know which conversation to join on Twitter, like a phone number. Every participant uses that hashtag in their tweet in response to the questions or conversation, so everyone knows people are having the same convo. Our hashtag is #BlkGrlLeg.
How Do You Join The #BlkGrlLeg TweetUp?
Make sure you have an active Twitter account. Don’t have Twitter? You have time.
- Follow us on Twitter @luvblkgrls.
- Log on to Twitter a few minutes before the time of the Twitter chat.
- Find the conversation by searching for the chat with the hashtag #BlkGrlLeg to participate.
- Decide how you will monitor and participate in the conversation. There are many online apps or systems that will help you aggregate a hashtag into a live stream, so you can see everyone’s contributions in one place. Our fave tool is Tweetdeck because it is a Twitter product, so you can log in with your existing Twitter account (and it’s free). Click here to learn about other options.
- Join the conversation by responding to questions and prompts with a tweet including #BlkGrlLeg in your tweet.
Questions and Conversations in the chat are noted by Q’s and A’s. (For example: “Q1: What is your favorite color”, “A1: Blue.”)
- Anyone participating in a Twitter chat who wants to answer a question asked by host simply uses the corresponding A# to notate that her tweet is in response. Note: It is not advised to respond directly to the host in a reply fashion (e.g., @lubvlkgrls A3: Killmonger tho …) because it implies you’re not interested in communicating with the group. Don’t be anti-social on the internet.
- Otherwise, just watch the chat and the flow, see how it works and give it a try.
Excited to chat with y’all soon!
We chat! Join us live TODAY at 6 pm CST on Twitter under The Lighthouse | Black Girl Projects Twitter handle @luvblkgrls for the #BlkGrlLeg TweetUp! Until soon …